Operation Christmas Child is a great way to get your community group involved in a ‘hands on’ activity that makes a real difference to children in need around the world. It can strengthen friendships and build bridges into the community.
Promote the programme within retirement communities, Brownie, Scout or Girl Guide groups, Women’s Institutes, Rotary Groups etc.
- Host a shoebox gift packing party. Supply empty shoeboxes for wrapping or purchase decorative GO Boxes for every attendee. Ask people to bring filler items for their boxes to share with each other.
- Hold a launch event and invite an Operation Christmas Child Registered Volunteer to give a presentation. Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set this up.
- Have members write personal notes to the children who will receive their shoebox gifts.
- Download free resources: posters, leaflets and video downloads – everything you need to get your group inspired to take part in Operation Christmas Child.
Scout & Guide Groups
- Operation Christmas Child works with the methods and objectives of the Scout & Guide communities. Full details can be downloaded here http://ow.ly/SBOPW
- The campaign also fulfils various Badge & Award requirements covering Global & Community Challenges. Full details can be downloaded here http://ow.ly/SBOl6
- You could also arrange for your group to volunteer at a Processing Centre during the campaign and help check shoeboxes for shipment. Contact us at email@example.com to set this up.