We are looking to appoint an experienced Office Manager/Receptionist to join the Executive’s Office of Samaritan’s Purse International (SP) and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA).
This role is suited to an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude and an ability to work flexibly, both as part of a team and on own initiative. As Office Manager/Receptionist you will be a first point of contact for all visitors and will ensure all day to day reception housekeeping is maintained to a professional standard, you will manage the main SP and BGEA switchboards, and carry out a variety of administrative duties on behalf of the Executive Office. Previous experience of facilities management is desirable.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring the office facilities are run smoothly and efficiently and are improved to provide an excellent working environment.
- Facilities management of the office infrastructure including the building, telephones (programming, voicemail, extension list, supplier negotiation), equipment, office services (cleaning, garden, post etc.) and provision of catering.
- Responsible for collating the Start the Week prayer submissions
- Responsible for delegated Health and Safety matters in Buckhurst Hill office facilities
- Responsible for ensuring co-ordination of Staff Away Days, all staff meetings, cover at Buckhurst Hill during holidays.
- To be on call in the event of an office emergency, where attendance to the Buckhurst Hill office may be required at short notice
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director in their role of running the BGEA and SP organisations, particularly taking responsibility for some cross-organisation projects.
- Daily use of Microsoft packages, Outlook, PowerPoint and office equipment
- Monitor cost and reduce overheads through greater efficiency in your areas of responsibility
- Constantly seek new ways of working to improve efficiency through the use of alternative suppliers and new technology within your own role
- Ensure that delegated projects are managed efficiently and with a good spirit
- Organise meetings/conferences/conference calls, provide agendas/directions to attendees, when required
Salary: up to £30,000 pa
Please apply with CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in this position.
There is a requirement for the job holder to have a personal commitment to the Christian faith as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith.