IT Manager required for this Global Christian Charity in our Buckhurst Hill offices based in Greater London.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to manage the day to day IT operations of the UK headquarters for the Evangelical Charities of Samaritans Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
The IT Manager is a new role and will manage a sole Service Desk assistant. Together, you will ensure the service desk team deliver consistently excellent service to our staff and partner along our global IT strategy.
You could have a number of years relevant IT experience in a management capacity or be looking for your first management position after comprehensive IT work experience. Either way you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of technology; be able to articulate and explain technological solutions in clear terms and have a vision and interest in where technology is heading today.
You will be a personable and effective communicator who is able to build strong relationships at all levels. In addition your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to the IT function and develop a high performing team, supporting our Global ministries.
- Ensure the performance and availability of the Infrastructure is sufficient to deliver all technical services
- Ensure 3rd party support partners are managed appropriately, delivering to SLA’s with a high quality of service
- Management of IT assets and software licences, ensuring efficient use, value for money and keeping any spend within budget
- Support the Group IT Director in formulating and implementing system strategies whilst having an awareness of new technologies and a clear understanding of the requirements and direction of the ministry and where innovation could add competitive advantage
- You will be expected to manage and participate in the implantation and testing of IT and AV infrastructure at the existing and new sites
Key requirements essential for the role will also include:
- Previous experience working as an IT Manager or an IT Service Desk Manager
- Have a flexible and warm approach to work; you will be a diligent team player.
- People and team management (ability to coach, supervise and assist staff with personal development)
Strong experience and understanding of the following technologies would be desirable:
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- CRM System
- Backup/Disaster Recovery
- Data Management Concepts
- Networking Fundamentals, including DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Firewalls
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be a committed evangelical Christian and able to fully commit to the organisation’s Christian Ethos.
Please apply by submitting your CV & Covering Letter in the form below.