Samaritan’s Purse is a global evangelical Christian relief and development organisation providing emergency relief, development assistance and church and community support to suffering people around the world while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Interim Head of Fundraising
Full time, immediate start
Based Buckhurst Hill, Greater London (close proximity to Central Line)
Closing date: 3 December 2017
Here at Samaritan’s Purse and BGEA we are looking to appoint an interim Head of Fundraising whilst we consider plans and direction for a permanent post. This role will be managing both our Samaritan’s Purse and Billy Graham Evangelical Association fundraising activities. Leading a small team you will provide vision and leadership to ensure the organisations achieve their fundraising targets.
- Develop and grow the organisations’ fundraising strategy
- Line manage and develop members of the fundraising team
- Be an integral member of the SMT and advise fellow members on the organisations’ fundraising activities
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders and be able to identify new opportunities for the charity
- Lead on the development of charities direct mail programme
Essential criteria to be considered:
- Proven track record of leading a team to reach annual income targets
- Experience of managing a team, providing inspirational leadership and developing staff
- Highly skilled and professional fundraiser with strong budget management and forecasting skills
- Can influence at a senior level internally and externally
- Experience of working within a large charity environment
- Experience of being a member of a senior management team
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust strategies for income growth
This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed active Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.
We are based at Buckhurst Hill in Essex but for the right candidate we may consider a small element of home working.
In the first instance please submit a written application using the form below.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews are likely to commence before the closing date.)