Purpose of Job
Responsible for the development of all aspects of the organisations (Samaritan’s Purse and The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association) data strategy to enable us to grow our supporter base and income in the future. The role will lead the strategic transformation of the CRM database to enable the optimisation of our supporter communications.
The Database Manager will be responsible for all aspects of our Raiser’s Edge database, and help us meet our aspiration to develop this into an organisation-wide Customer Relationship Management system for all our supporters, whether donors, volunteers or church contacts.
The post will oversee the collection, import, maintenance and analysis of data, seeking out the most efficient and effective methods of recording, organising and utilising data, that fully supports organisational processes and all future innovation strategies and initiatives.
Alongside this, the Database Manager will lead on data selections, data segmentation, marketing analysis and how insights support business. Ensuring more effective and tailored communication with our donors, supporters and local community.
The post will make sure our processes and procedures for data management and storage are robust and in line with GDPR and other quality standards.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Proactively support campaigns with data segmentation, reporting and data insights, working with relevant colleagues across the organisation.
- Implement and manage projects to improve the use of the CRM database, data cleanliness, and import/export procedures.
- Take the lead in the development, maintenance and smooth running of the organisation’s databases and associated applications and systems.
- Plan and manage the financial budget for the organisation’s databases and related projects, under the supervision of the IT Manager.
- Manage the performance and cost effectiveness of database suppliers and partners.
- Manage processes to ensure the quality and currency of database records and provide training and support for the activity of database users across the organisation.
- Plan and implement systems and processes to ensure best practice and compliance in regard to data regulations, especially GDPR
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a Database Manager role including extensive experience of operating multi-user database systems, ideally in a fundraising environment and using the Raisers Edge CRM system.
- Have excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the use of pivot tables, plus MS Word.
- Have a good understanding and experience of using MS SQL Server.
- An outstanding communicator and influencer, who can translate technical systems requirements into jargon-free, implementable solutions and user training that maximizes CRM functionality and regulation compliance.
- Proactive, resourceful and energetic.
- Flexible and collaborative in your approach while retaining a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
- You should be curious and up-to-date with global technological developments and affecting factors, particularly around Raiser’s Edge, and understand how to apply this knowledge in your role.
- The person appointed will ideally with have:
- Experience of using Raisers Edge CRM.
- Experience of utilising SQL to build queries and reports.
- Experience of donor/customer marketing.
- In-depth understanding of GDPR and other regulatory compliance issues that affect data management and utilisation.
- An understanding of the Gift aid scheme and relevant legislation.
Salary £35,000-£40,000 pa
There is a requirement for the job holder to be a practicing Christian as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith.