Our Emergency Field Hospital is equipped with two operating rooms, nearly 50 beds, and more than 40 staff on the plains of Nineveh, east of Mosul. We are looking for Christian medical staff to join us to meet this great need.
Samaritan’s Purse International Medical Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) program is committed to meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, famine, disease and natural disaster while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. We stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The Medical DART program is composed of on-call, readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment.
In partnership with the Iraq Ministry of Health, we are operating an Emergency Field Hospital equipped with two operating rooms, nearly 50 beds, and more than 40 staff on the plains of Nineveh east of Mosul. We are treating injuries from gunfire, mines, and other explosives as many dozens of civilians are harmed daily in the conflict.
Medical DART members must have a flexible schedule and availability to deploy immediately. A high level of prior humanitarian experience in delivering quality programming in an austere environment is desired. Medical DART members can be deployed to dangerous places, the living conditions can be challenging and the work days long and hard. Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event in the name of Jesus Christ.
All emergency medical professionals will be needed in this response.
The following critical sub-specialities are required to fill an immediate need at our Emergency Field Hospital in Iraq:
- Trauma/General Surgeons
- Anaesthetists/ Nurse Anaesthetists
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Operating Room (Registered Nurse, Surgical Technologist)
- Registered Nurse (EM, ICU, Pre/Post Op)
- Medical Doctor (GP, IM)
- Lab Technicians
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- 1-2 years professional experience in an international context or disaster response management desired.
- Demonstrated travel, volunteer or work experience in developing countries.
- Mentors co-workers by providing training and supervision as required.
- Available on short notice for immediate 2-6 week deployment.
- Ability to serve 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment.
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas.
- Exudes an attitude of flexibility and adaptability in challenging circumstances.
For questions, or to request an application pack: contact email Cynthia Ryan at Cynthia.Ryan@samaritans-purse.org.uk.